Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hollywood Pride

Today has been such a long day of bad weather, including tornadoes.  Around dinner time tonight the Hollywood neighborhood was hit by the most severe of the storms that have lingered throughout the day.  It was during dinner that neighbors called neighbors to coordinate families into basements and to insure  that all were safe. I sat in my basement with my family and neighbors as we waited the worst of the weather together.

When it was over all my neighbors came out of their spaces to make sure everyone was ok.  Those without babies ran to help those who needed help.  Others collected limbs and miscellaneous weather debris.  It was amazing.  On a day that could be considered one of the most tragic weather wise it did not waiver the tenderness and sincerity of my neighbors.

I know this weekend we will show off our "best face", but I think I witnessed the best in this community today.  I love my little nook in Homewood, Alabama.

Looking forward to seeing the sun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment