Saturday, February 26, 2011

Soho Retro, Pam Evans and Charlie Mabry complete the home interior

Every counter, wall and shelf is officially spoken for inside the designer show house.

I need to give a big AMEN to Soho Retro.  I have knocked on many doors, sent numerous emails, made many phone calls and follow up calls to get a retailer from Homewood and Soho retro answered.  They will be tackling the kitchen.  The kitchen already has great cabinets and a wonderful farm sink, but it needs the stylish design for the counters, cabinets and eating area.  In addition to the kitchen, they will also take on the front patio.  I can't wait to see what Steve and Rob come up with.  Thanks guys!

Some of you may know Pam Evans from the French Hen.  She has branched out into design work and has decided to turn one of the rooms into a quaint nursery.  Her ideas of color and texture seem just perfect.  "It's a boy" nursery.  I would suggest that if you know someone who is expecting a baby in summer or fall to check out this nursery before they design their space at home.  And like I keep mentioning - if you like it, you can buy it!!!!

Lastly, we have added Charlie Mabry to the lineup.  Charlie is a potter and a senior at Auburn University.  I love pottery.  My friends will tell you I have a crush on my home state potter, Jonathan Adler - and it's all true.  Charlie's lines are different, but just as interesting.  To me, and I am not an expert (just a fan), Charlie's work is new but with a twist of southern folklore.  He will be able to tell you more about his influences than I can.  There is a niche with shelves that will include Charlie's work.  Please check it out.

Next week I will share the landscape news, but let's review what we have so far -
Living room - Birmingham Wholesale Furniture
Dining Room - Table Matters
Kitchen/side patio - Soho Retro
Master bedroom/bathroom - Suite Dreams
Second bedroom - CE Toliver (Carla Edgeworth)
Thrid bedroom - Pam Evans (French Hen)
Back patio - Leaf and Petal Design (Lydia Pursell)
Artwork - Pam Till and Beth Bradley
Pottery - Charlie Mabry

I ask that you support these designers and retailers by visiting their storefronts and letting them know you are looking forward to seeing them on tour day.

If you want to meet them in person mark you calendar for Friday, April 29.  For a small donation (and I mean teeny tiny), you can get a sneak peak of the tour house before tour day.   This will be a great opportunity to talk to the designer and tag what you want to take home before anyone else.  BUT you will have to keep reading to get the information.

I'll save that information for a rainy day.  Now get outside and enjoy this fantastic winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment