Saturday, February 5, 2011

What makes the Hollywood neighborhood special

Not being a native of Birmingham or Alabama there are certain neighborhoods that I believe give Birmingham a unique sense of character and charm.  I believe that Hollywood is one of those.  My husband and I have lived in many places over the years and we enjoy calling Hollywood our home.  The obvious perks to the neighborhood are the many sidewalks, interesting architecture of homes, large trees and location to just about anything you need.   What I love about Hollywood are my neighbors.  I love that a stroll around the block can sometimes take hours to complete because you want to catch up with your friends. That neighbors are quick to share plants that work in their yard with hopes they do the same in yours.  It's what you can't see that makes this neighborhood truly special and is why it needs to be celebrated.

What many of you that attend the tour won't see are the weeks leading up to tour.  Homeowners will rake, dig and plant to make their home sparkle just for tour.  By tour day we all walk a little taller and happier because we know just how special our neighborhood is.  On tour day please take time to stroll around the blocks and enjoy what spoils us Hollywood residents everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment